Use this form:
When you are granting a profit (also known as profit-à-prendre) in land. A profit is the right to take natural resources from the land such as vegetation (including timber), fruit, wild animals, minerals or rocks.
In submitting this form you should enclose the following (where applicable):
- Completed submission record (see below), ensuring checklist to the rear of the form is completed
- Removal of any Restrictions or Cautions (if required)
Once signed the form should be submitted to the Lands & Survey Department within 45 days of first signature, unless signed outside of the Cayman Islands , to avoid the accrual of late submission penalties.
|Ad Valorem Duty payable on a Conveyance or Transfer of Land
RL Form must be completed in Duplex format. If you do not have a Duplex Printer, print page 1, reinsert the page to the paper tray, and print page 2.
When completing the form ensure that:
- The nature of the Profit and the length of the grant is clearly stated. Typical descriptions might include 'The right to remove fruits from the property for a period of 10 years from the 1 January 2008' or 'The right to extract minerals up to a depth of 5ft'.
- Full names are stated (or as recorded on the existing Register), with signatures witnessed by a Justice of the Peace, Notary Public or member of authorised Land Registry staff, and correctly dated. Notary Public’s whose commissions do not expire must state so on the Registration Form.
- Full address is stated, including postal / zip code
- Amendments are initialed by all parties. The use of correction fluid is not permitted