Use this form:
When you are transferring property through transmission, namely the passing of land without the signature of the owner, and typically therefore utilised in the case of;
- Death of the Proprietor, where the property is being trasmitted to the Administrator or to another person on the direction of the Administrator or Courts
- Bankruptcy, where the property is being transmitted on the direction of the Courts
- Compulsory Acqusition, where the property is being transmitted by order of made under the Land Acqusition Law, and (except in exceptional circumstance) where the Courts have made an order of compensation payable
In submitting this form you should enclose the following (where applicable):
- Documentation to support the tranmission, typically a Grant of Probate, Court Order, or letter of Administration
- Completed submission record (see below), ensuring checklist to the rear of the form is completed
- Removal of any Restrictions or Cautions (if required)
Once signed the form should be submitted to the Lands & Survey Department within 45 days of first signature, unless signed outside of the Cayman Islands , to avoid the accrual of late submission penalties.
RL Form must be completed in Duplex format. If you do not have a Duplex Printer, print page 1, reinsert the page to the paper tray, and print page 2.
When completing the form ensure that:
- Full names are stated (or as recorded on the existing Register), with signatures witnessed by a Justice of the Peace, Notary Public or member of authorised Land Registry staff, and correctly dated. Notary Public’s whose commissions do not expire must state so on the Registration Form. The signatures of authorised personnel of local banks do not require witnessing.
- Full address is stated, including postal / zip code
- Amendments are initialed by all parties. The use of correction fluid is not permitted