Use this form:
When you own property as proprietors in common (where each party owns a fractional share) and you wish to partition (sub-divide) the land so that each fractional owner subsequently holds a proportion of the original property outright.
If the proprietors in common wish to simply sub-divide the property but remain in equal ownership of all subdivded parts, then Form 32 - Application to Combine/Subdivide/Reparcel should be used.
In submitting this form you should enclose the following (where applicable):
- Planning Approval consenting to the subdivision
- A full set of plans completed by a Licensed Land Surveyor
- Completed submission record (see below), ensuring checklist to the rear of the form is completed
- Removal of any Restrictions or Cautions (if required), or consent of cautioner
- Consent of Chargee (if required)
Once signed the form should be submitted to the Lands & Survey Department within 45 days of first signature, unless signed outside of the Cayman Islands , to avoid the accrual of late submission penalties. Late fees are not charged on Survey submissions.
RL Form must be completed in Duplex format. If you do not have a Duplex Printer, print page 1, reinsert the page to the paper tray, and print page 2.
When completing the form ensure that:
- The intention of the Partition is made abundantly clear, ensuring that the full name, lot number and area of the relevant partition part are clearly stated.
- Full names are stated (or as recorded on the existing Register), with signatures witnessed by a Justice of the Peace, Notary Public or member of authorised Land Registry staff, and correctly dated. Notary Public’s whose commissions do not expire must state so on the Registration Form. The signatures of authorised personnel of local banks do not require witnessing.
- Full address is stated, including postal / zip code
- Amendments are initialed by all parties. The use of correction fluid is not permitted