The Chairman of the Land Surveyors Board is the Chief Surveyor, Lands & Survey Department. The Secretary is appointed at the discretion of HE The Governor.
Members of the Board are Licensed Land Surveyors, appointed to the role by the Governor in Council (Cabinet) for a period of two years. The current appointments are effective from 1 August 2015 to 31 July 2017.
The Duties of the Board are to;
- Grant licences to practice as a Land Surveyor in the Cayman Islands;
- Provide examinations to be taken by persons seeking license to practice as a Land Surveyor;
- Maintain a register of Licensed Land Surveyors;
- Take disciplinary action against Licensed Land Surveyors (when required);
- Hear and determine any dispute on fees payable between a client and Licensed Land Surveyor;
- Perform any other functions prescribed by Law or Regulation.
The Minutes, Records of Hearings, and Register of Licensed Land Surveyors will be available to the public under our Publication Scheme.