Ministry of Education, Youth, Sports, Agriculture & Lands
Applications are invited for the following post:
LAND REGISTRY OFFICER II
LANDS & SURVEY DEPARTMENT
SALARY: CI$39,612.00 - $53,244.00 PER ANNUM
The postholder will assist the Registrar of Lands in maintaining the Land Registry by carrying out the statutory functions.
These duties will include but are not limited to:
• Checking and processing all the instruments received by the department on a daily basis to ensure accurate registrations details.
• Dealing with telephone enquiries regarding Land Registry matters and attending the public counter to explain procedures to the public.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience: The postholder should possess:-
• A Diploma or Certificate in Paralegal Studies or equivalent
• A High school diploma with a minimum of 4 CXC/GCSE passes in English, a numeric subject (Maths or Accounts) (or equivalent) and have a minimum of 3 years office experience.
• Excellent typing/keyboard skills and be computer literate particularly in the Microsoft Office suite of products (i.e. Excel, Word, and Access).
• Good inter-personal skills, work attendance, dependability and confidentiality are essential.
• Ability to comprehend the Registered Land Law, The Stamp Duty Law, and the other laws administered by the Department.
• Ability to articulate to the public and other staff the proper explanations re: Land Registry and Stamp Duty procedures in a polite, courteous and helpful manner.
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, Public Service Pensions Law (2020 Revision) and CINICO health plan.
PLEASE SUBMIT APPLICATION FORM & RESUME TO:
Director, Lands & Survey
Grand Cayman KY1-9000 CAYMAN ISLANDS
Government Administration Building, 133 Elgin Avenue
Fax: (345) 949-2187 Email: Recruitment.LSU@gov.ky
For application forms and job description please visit our website at www.caymanlandinfo.ky or www.gov.ky
N.B. All applications MUST be submitted on the appropriate form.
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS: 31ST JANUARY, 2021
click arrow to view and download detailed job description below...