As part of the Lands & Survey Department commitment to customer service improvement, we provide a Internal Compliment / Complaint Procedure. Members of the public who have been provided with exemplary or unsatisfactory service by a member of the Department staff can now lodge a Compliment or Complaint and have any concerns addressed. Both processes are explained below, with paper copies of these procedures available in our Grand Cayman and Cayman Brac reception areas.
Any member of the public may submit a Compliment / Complaint to the Lands & Survey Department if they believe that they have;
- received exemplary service
- received unsatisfactory service
from a member of the Departmental staff.
The customer will be asked to complete and sign the Compliment/Complaint Form (the Form). If they are unable to complete the form on their own they will be assisted by a member of staff;
- Forms may be submitted in person, by mail, fax or email (details on the form).
- Upon receipt, the Form will be date stamped.
- The customer will be provided with a copy of their completed Form with the original retained by the Department.
- All Forms will be forwarded to the Director within one (1) business day of receipt, assigned a reference number and recorded into the Compliment / Complaints register.
- In the event that the Compliment / Complaint is against the Director then it should be submitted to;
The Chief Officer
Ministry of District Administration and Lands (DAL)
Box 120, Government Administration Building
Tel: (+1 345) 244-2412
Fax: (+1 345) 945-0223
Any such correspondence will be dealt with in accordance with the Compliments / Complaints Procedure of the Ministry, paper copies of which are available from the reception area in the Government Administration Building.
- Within two (2) working days of receiving the Compliment / Complaint, the Department will send an acknowledgement letter to the customer advising that the Director has received the complaint and the time line in which they can expect a response.
- The Director or Acting Director will conduct the investigation and use all efforts to provide a draft reply / report within ten (10) business days. In the event that this timescale cannot be met the customer will be informed of the delay in writing, including the reasons for it and the anticipated new response date.
- The Director will provide the report of findings and action taken/to be taken no later than 30 days from receipt of the Compliment / Complaint.
- If the customer is not satisfied by the response from the Director the issue may be escalated to The Chief Officer, Ministry of Education, Youth, Sports, Agriculture and Lands (MEYSAL), at the address above.
- Responses to Complaint's and remedial action taken will be reviewed in strict confidence at the Department's Section Head meetings, in an effort to improve service delivery.
For further information please contact Jon Hall, Director of Lands & Survey