Use this form:
When you are transferring a right to take the profits from land to another person or entity, such as produce, minerals or animals. Typical rights include grazing rights and mineral / quarrying extraction.
In submitting this form you should enclose the following (where applicable):
- Completed submission record, ensuring checklist to the rear of the form is completed
- Copy of Certificate of Good Standing (companies only)
- Permission to hold property from Minister of Finance (exempt companies only)
- Removal of any Restrictions or Cautions (if required)
- Waiver letter from Minister of Finance (if applicable)
- Copy of birth/marriage certificates for related parties (if Transfer is for Natural Love & Affection)
Once signed the form should be submitted to the Lands & Survey Department within 45 days of first signature, unless signed outside of the Cayman Islands , to avoid the accrual of late submission penalties.
|Ad-Valorem Duty based on consideration or Market Value, whichever is higher
|Transfer for Natural Love and Affection
RL Form must be completed in Duplex format. If you do not have a Duplex Printer, print page 1, reinsert the page to the paper tray, and print page 2.
When completing the RL form ensure that:
- Full names are stated (or as recorded on the existing Register), with signatures witnessed by a Justice of the Peace, Notary Public or member of authorised Land Registry staff, and correctly dated. Notary Public’s whose commissions do not expire must state so on the Registration Form
- Full address is stated for the Purchaser, including postal / zip code
- Amendments are initialed by all parties. The use of correction fluid is not permitted
Information on Specific Transaction Types
Natural Love and Affection
- For a transaction to be effected by Natural Love and Affection, no consideration (financial or otherwise) must pass
- Profits may pass for natural love and affection between:
- Father or Mother to Daughter or Son
- Brother and Sister, providing that they have the same parent
- Grandfather or Grandmother, and Grandson or Granddaughter
- Profits may pass between extended family members in a single transaction providing that evidence of the relationship chain can be shown. The Stamp Duty fee shall apply separately to each ‘link’ in the relationship chain. i.e., a Transfer from Uncle to Niece would be considered as Uncle – Mother (CI $50), Mother – Daughter (CI $50). No further Registration Fees would be applied.