Use this form:
When a Charge is to be placed on the Land Registry by order of a Court.
This is a specialist form for use only in relation to Court Proceedings. A standard Charge form, RL9 should be used in all other cases.
In submitting this form you should enclose the following (where applicable):
- Completed submission record, ensuring checklist to the rear of the form is complete
- Any Court Order which gives direction on fee's payable or other direction on Registration or Stamp Duty
Once signed the form should be submitted to the Lands & Survey Department within 45 days of first signature, unless signed outside of the Cayman Islands , to avoid the accrual of late submission penalties.
|Where the sum secured (amount loaned) is CI $300,000 or less
|1% of the sum secured
|Where the sum secured (amount loaned) is more than CI $300,000
|1.5% of the sum secured
RL Form must be completed in Duplex format. If you do not have a Duplex Printer, print page 1, reinsert the page to the paper tray, and print page 2.
When completing the form ensure that:
- Full names are stated (or as recorded on the existing Register), with signatures witnessed by a Justice of the Peace, Notary Public or member of authorised Land Registry staff, and correctly dated. Notary Public’s whose commissions do not expire must state so on the Registration Form
- Full address is stated for the Purchaser, including postal / zip code
- Amendments are initialed by all parties. The use of correction fluid is not permitted
- The Form has been signed by the authority issuing the order