Use this form:
When you have a non-registerable interest in land that permits you to restrict the landowner from any further transactions (or specific transactions) without your consent
In submitting this form you should enclose the following (where applicable):
- The document permitting you to place a Caution on the property (typically signed by the owner and specifically consenting to the Caution, or a Court Order)
- Completed submission record (see below), ensuring checklist to the rear of the form is completed
- Removal of any Restrictions or existing Cautions (if required)
Once signed the form should be submitted to the Lands & Survey Department within 45 days of first signature, unless signed outside of the Cayman Islands , to avoid the accrual of late submission penalties.
|Contract for Sale / Purchase Agreement
Dependant on terms of Contract for Sale
|All Other Documents
|Dependant on Document Type
If not stated, consider as Deed
CI $50 (US $60.97)
RL Form must be completed in Duplex format. If you do not have a Duplex Printer, print page 1, reinsert the page to the paper tray, and print page 2.
When completing the form ensure that:
- The extent of the Caution is clearly stated (eg. 'No Dealings' or 'No Incumberances to the placed against the property'
- Full names are stated (or as recorded on the existing Register), with signatures witnessed by a Justice of the Peace, Notary Public or member of authorised Land Registry staff, and correctly dated. Notary Public’s whose commissions do not expire must state so on the Registration Form. The signatures of authorised personnel of local banks do not require witnessing.
- Full address is stated, including postal / zip code
- Amendments are initialed by all parties. The use of correction fluid is not permitted