Use this form:
When you are releasing a property owner from a Charge against the property, normally used to signify that the debt has been repaid in full.
In submitting this form you should enclose the following (where applicable):
- Completed submission record (see above), ensuring checklist to the rear of the form is completed
Once signed the form should be submitted to the Lands & Survey Department within 45 days of first signature, unless signed outside of the Cayman Islands , to avoid the accrual of late submission penalties.
RL Form must be completed in Duplex format. If you do not have a Duplex Printer, print page 1, reinsert the page to the paper tray, and print page 2.
When completing the form ensure that:
- Full names are stated (or as recorded on the existing Register), with signatures witnessed by a Justice of the Peace, Notary Public or member of authorised Land Registry staff, and correctly dated. Notary Public’s whose commissions do not expire must state so on the Registration Form. The signatures of authorised personnel of local banks do not require witnessing.
- Full address is stated, including postal / zip code
- Amendments are initialed by all parties. The use of correction fluid is not permitted
- The Charge being discharged (released) is clearly stated (ie. Discharge of Second Charge)