Use this form:
When you wish to grant another person (typically a family member or Attorney) the rights to execute property dealings on your behalf.
A Power of Attorney can be granted in full or it can be limited according to the wishes of the grantee (ie. limited to the granting of Leases and Charges only). It can also be granted in perpetuity (forever) or for a limited period of time. A Power of Attorney will cease to have effect upon the death of the grantee.
In submitting this form you should enclose the following (where applicable):
- Completed submission record (see below), ensuring checklist to the rear of the form is completed
- Original, or copy Certified by Lands & Survey Department, if created as separate document to RL20 Form
Once signed the form should be submitted to the Lands & Survey Department within 45 days of first signature, unless signed outside of the Cayman Islands , to avoid the accrual of late submission penalties.
RL Form must be completed in Duplex format. If you do not have a Duplex Printer, print page 1, reinsert the page to the paper tray, and print page 2.
When completing the form ensure that:
- Any limitations on either powers or the duration of the Power of Attorney grant are clearly stated
- Full names are stated (or as recorded on the existing Register), with signatures witnessed by a Justice of the Peace, Notary Public or member of authorised Land Registry staff, and correctly dated. Notary Public’s whose commissions do not expire must state so on the Registration Form. The signatures of authorised personnel of local banks do not require witnessing.
- Full address is stated, including postal / zip code
- Amendments are initialed by all parties. The use of correction fluid is not permitted