Use this form:
When you are transferring a Charge (mortgage) from one Chargee to another. This form is typically used by lending institutions, but may also be used by individuals or companies who have advanced monies to another person, and are transferring that debt.
In submitting this form you should enclose the following (where applicable):
- Completed submission record, ensuring checklist to the rear of the form is completed
- Removal of any Restrictions or Cautions (if required)
Once signed the form should be submitted to the Lands & Survey Department within 45 days of first signature, unless signed outside of the Cayman Islands , to avoid the accrual of late submission penalties.
RL Form must be completed in Duplex format. If you do not have a Duplex Printer, print page 1, reinsert the page to the paper tray, and print page 2.
When completing the form ensure that:
- Full names are stated (or as recorded on the existing Register), with signatures witnessed by a Justice of the Peace, Notary Public or member of authorised Land Registry staff, and correctly dated. Notary Public’s whose commissions do not expire must state so on the Registration Form. The signatures of authorised personnel of local banks do not require witnessing, providing we hold the signatory on file or where they hold a Registered Power of Attorney
- Full address is stated, including postal / zip code
- Amendments are initialed by all parties. The use of correction fluid is not permitted